Opt now for a better Ad Experience
Thumbnail Ad from Ogury is the world’s first mobile-native, non-full screen format for performant video. A discrete, ephemeral ad format that appears in a precise location within the app, provides an elegant and effective advertising experience. Built for mobile, the unit is draggable by the user and proven to be less intrusive than traditional formats that break content consumption or create the illusion of completeness through false floors.
Compared to an MPU (300x250), Thumbnail Ad represents only 25% of its surface area. It’s only 12% bigger than a Small Banner (320x50). And performance is considerably higher. With the ability to finally achieve the viewable video metrics advertisers demand, Publishers can access top CPMs on mobile without having to run full-screen.
In fact, it’s the highest $/pixel format on the market!
Retention can also be improved by moving to an ad experience that is punctual and appreciated rather than constant and pervasive.
This article covers the following topics:
- New ad format, driven by innovation
Thumbnail Ad is an elegant format created to enhance your advertising experience and access 100% incremental revenue.
- User friendly ads
Discrete and ephemeral, Thumbnail Ad is draggable by the user and considered less intrusive than other ad formats*.
- High CPM, high quality demand
The world’s first, non full-screen, mobile-native format for performant video. Highest $/pixel format on the market.
*Less than 1% of exposed users leave before non-exposed - A/B test of 5000 users
Enhance your advertising experience
With this unique format, you choose where and when a Thumbnail Ad will be displayed to your users.
Give control to the user
Built for mobile, Thumbnail Ad is draggable by the user so they can move it wherever they want.
Small, but mighty
Compared to an MPU (300x250), Thumbnail Ad represents only 25% of its surface. 4 times smaller! And it’s only 12% bigger than a Small Banner (320x50)
How it works
Thumbnail ad appears on the side of the screen
Video usually lasts 15 seconds, after that the ad disappears.
During this time, the user can:
- Drag the Thumbnail Ad
- Continue to use your application
- Activate the sound of the video (muted by default)
- Click on the close button (after 10 seconds*)
*Close button does not effect revenue. CPM is paid per impression.
- Expand Thumbnail Ad to full screen
- Opt-out via consent.ogury.co (for opt-in users)
Integration best practices
Think of Thumbnail Ad as a continuous experience:
- Keep the format persistent between screens during the ad experience
- The initial position of the Thumbnail Ad must be adapted for each screen
Keep user interface controls accessible:
- Avoid positioning the Thumbnail Ad over a button, text field or menu element
- Screens that have a lot of user controls should be blacklisted. Thumbnail Ad will resume when the user returns to a whitelisted screen
Do not overlap with other ads:
- Make sure that the Thumbnail Ad does not overlap with other ads, especially so-called "in-content" ads, such as MPU, inline banners, inter-scroller and native ads. We recommend calling the Thumbnail Ad first
Learn more about Thumbnail Ads SDK integration
DOs & DON'Ts