IAB Europe has announced a new version of the Transparency and Consent Framework.
This new version aims to solve the main feedback from the first version while maintaining the standard and guidelines required to give Transparency and Choice to the end-users.
- Revised definition and description of data processing purposes
- Broader support of the Legitimate Interest legal basis
- More granular control for both publishers and end-users
If you are a current user of Choice Manager with TCF V1, you will need to migrate to TCF V2 before 15th August 2020. This date is the deadline set by the IAB for the end of TCF V1 support.
To carry out this migration, you will need to update the Ogury SDK to the latest version and update your integration. In order to get all the details needed to use TCF V2 in your asset please follow the below:
- Use the integration documentation wizard to reach the relevant documentation for your use-case e.g. If you are developing a native application for Android using Exclusive Demand and Choice Manager without using any mediation, you should select Application/Exclusive Demand + Choice Manager/Direct Integration/Android in the wizard.
- Navigate to the dedicated article on the left panel "Migrate from TCF V1 to TCF V2". As an example, the corresponding article for the above example can be found here.
- Follow the instructions within the integration documentation
NB: As TCF V2 support more choices and granular configuration than TCF V1, the IAB mandates that all users must be shown the TCFV2 consent notice regardless of their V1 answer.
Configuration for TCF V2
The configuration of the Consent Notice remains in the consent settings page.
New options are dedicated to new features of TCF V2, such as stack selection.