In order to maximize your fill rate from Ogury, it is imperative that you use app-ads.txt and add files for Ogury as an authorized seller of your inventory: direct and reseller.
WHAT IS APP-ADS.TXT?
App-ads.txt is a measure created by the IAB to create transparency in the programmatic ecosystem. As a Publisher, you need to create an app-ads.txt file for all your authorized direct and reseller ad partners. Without a validated app-ads.txt file, most DSPs will block sale of your inventory to protect their advertisers from fraud and provide campaign transparency.
Failure to update your app-ads.txt file means you are significantly limiting your ad revenue potential.
HOW TO IMPLEMENT APP-ADS.TXT
In order to update your app-ads.txt files, please do the following:
- Provide a developer website in your app store listings. Ensure that the proper developer website URL is accessible in the developer website section of the app store. This is where your app-ads.txt files will be hosted. Without any declared developer website on iOS and Android stores, DSPs won't be able to parse your app-ads.txt file, as a result your ad revenue potential will be limited.
- Create an app-ads.txt file in Notepad
- Upload the file to the root of your website domain
- Validate that the file is taking effect. You can do this by simply appending “/app-ads.txt” to your main domain (as in, https://<your_domain.com>/app-ads.txt).
For additional information, please reference the IAB Apps-ads.txt documentation here.
HOW TO GET YOUR [Unique ID] FOR APP-ADS.TXT DIRECT
As you are directly integrated with the Ogury SDK, you will need to list Ogury as a direct seller of your inventory. You will need to generate a [Unique ID] and place it into : ogury.com, [your ID], DIRECT
Please note the following:
- this ID is unique per publisher entity (not per application).
- this ID can differ from iOS to Android if registered publisher name is different from one platform to the other. In this case, you will need to add two lines in your app-ads.txt file, replicating the following detailed process for Android and iOS.
- Copy your publisher name exactly as it is registered in the store:
- Go on http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php
- Paste the publisher name in “String”, it is very important to paste the exact name including special characters, spaces, capital letters…
- Complete the app-ads.txt DIRECT line for Ogury: ogury.com, a2e4e6585a05aad14ce6f77316b20596, DIRECT
HOW TO ADD OGURY FOR APP-ADS.TXT RESELLER
In addition to adding Ogury as a direct seller of your inventory, you can further maximize revenue from Ogury by adding us as a reseller for partner SSPs.
Ogury is directly connected with Xandr. Please add the following app-ads.txt file to enable us to buy your inventory via Xandr: appnexus.com, 11470, RESELLER
Once this is done, you can contact your Ogury Publisher Manager and start generating ad revenue with Ogury!