A Fair Choice, for you and your users
Currently data is the only currency available to support the digital ecosystem.
This isn’t fair to you or your users.
With Fair Choice, Consumers choose how they help to fund the content they need and appreciate:
- Pay to access content in a marketing free and data collection free environment
- Don’t pay but accept anonymous data to be collected and used, to receive personalized marketing.
Ogury don't charge for this or process any payment; Everything is managed through In-app purchases and you keep complete control on the transactions.
Configure Fair Choice
Fair choice feature is currently available on beta version. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an email registered on the platform. If you are eligible, the feature will be enabled.
- Access your Asset's consent settings page
- Activate Fair Choice
- Fill the Product Id for the Asset that you want to use with Fair Choice. If you don't have an existing Product, you can create one by referring to the creation process for Android and iOS.
- Depending on your Asset type, fill in service account credentials (Android) or a sharedToken (iOS). If you don't have either of these, you can refer to the documentation to create a service account (Android) or a shared token (iOS).
After a successful setup, the live preview is updated and now displays the indicative product price.
This price is a preview and will be adapted dynamically by the country associated with the current user account when shown inside your app.
Products used to feed Fair Choice can be subscriptions or managed products.
On iOS, Apple do not provide any API to retrieve the price of the Product or validate the consistency of the shared secret, Product ID and bundle.
For testing purposes of the integration, you can use the sandbox environment before submitting your app and validate the configuration of Fair Choice.
Products used to feed Fair Choice can be consumables, non-consumables, auto-renewable subscriptions and non-auto-renewable subscriptions. We advise you not to use the consumable Products as it would ask the user to pay each time the user accesses your app.
Restore in app purchases
When using in app purchases, Apple requires the application to implement a way to restore previously bought purchases. Ogury SDK provides an easy way to implement this restore function inside your app. You can, optionally, use this method by referring to the integration documentation or you can implement this mechanism yourself by referring to Apple documentation.
Show refuse button and enable toggles
When activating Fair Choice, you are able to chose between 2 options:
- Let your non-paying users customize their preferences for personal data sharing
- Prevent your non-paying users from refusing personal data sharing
The first option will give the opportunity for non paying users to toggle off vendors and purposes and completely refuse all consent based personal data sharing.
The second option will disable all the toggles and only display an Accept All button. With this option, end-users are able to read all the information needed regarding personal data sharing but do not have the possibility to refuse personal data sharing without paying.
Now that your configuration is ready:
- Integrate the SDK if it was not already done in a previous version of your app
- Use the hasPaid function (SDK) to know if we have validated the payment for this user
This method has to be used to deactivate any ad request calls and personal data collection, and enforce the users' choices.
A refuse consent signal is automatically passed to Ogury Exclusive demand and the networks integrated in Ogury Intelligent Monetization.
For more information on the integration, you can refer to the documentation link on your Asset overview page.